As a supervisor, your attitude and behaviors related to safety management have a significant impact on how highly your employees value safety. This course explores the pros and cons of common approaches to safety management, including traditional, discipline-based and positive feedback approaches. You will learn valuable skills that will help you build a positive climate for safety in the workplace.
Complete the Safety and You Course Online
Our online Safety and You course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. Safety and You takes about 45 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for Safety and You
The primary goal of this course is to teach you how to implement an effective safety management program. You will learn how to build a culture of safety in the workplace and motivate your employees to work toward improved safety performance.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- Pros and cons of traditional approaches to safety management
- Why discipline-based safety management doesn't work
- Using positive feedback to motivate safe behavior
- How to build a culture that values safety
Safety and You is ideal for any supervisor or manager.