OSHA requires employers to provide a safe and healthy workplace reasonably free of occupational hazards. However, accidents do happen. Therefore, employers are also required to provide you medical and first aid personnel and supplies relative to the workplace hazards. You'll learn basic first aid techniques appropriate in any workplace.
Complete Your OSHA First Aid Basics Training Online!
Taking our OSHA First Aid Basics course online offers these benefits:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as many times as you want
- Work anytime, anywhere - All you need is a computer and access to the Internet
- Email access to the course trainer to answer any questions you have
- Allows up to 6 months to complete the course
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive your official Certificate of Completion.
About the 1-Hour OSHA First Aid Basics Course
Important topics covered in this course include:
- Recognizing emergency situations, trauma injuries, musculoskeletal injuries
- Handling medical emergencies such as heart attacks and seizures
- Environmental emergencies such as poisoning and temperature extremes
- Universal precautions such as preventing illness
Once you complete this course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize when an emergency has occurred and take emergency action steps
- Choose the best treatment for injuries such as bleeding, shock, and burns
- List the correct first aid procedures for chest injuries, fractures and sprains, and head and eye injuries
- Identify and treat poisoning, stings, and bites
- Implement universal precautions to protect yourself and others from infectious diseases associated with bodily fluids