OSHA's Chemical Hazard Communication Standard is based on a simple concept that employees have both a need and a right to know the hazards and identities of the chemicals they are exposed to while working. This Hazcom Standard is known as OSHA's Worker Right to Know Standard and is designed to provide you with the information you need to work safely.
This training covers basic OSHA requirements for proper communication methods about hazardous chemicals in any workplace, including the modification of OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard to conform with the United Nations' (UN) Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) requirements.
Complete Your OSHA Hazard Communication Training Online!
Taking our OSHA Hazard Communication course online offers these benefits:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as many times as you want
- Work anytime, anywhere - All you need is a computer and access to the Internet
- Email access to the course trainer to answer any questions you have
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive your official Certificate of Completion.
About the 1-Hour OSHA Hazard Communication Course
Once you complete this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the OSHA Hazard Communication and Globally Harmonized System (GHS) standard
- Recognize the requirements of an effective GHS Hazcom program
- Identify types of potential hazardous chemicals and the Hazardous Chemical Inventory, the purpose and information required by GHS of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), the required information for proper labels, including GHS pictograms, and Hazcom information and training requirements