This course provides an overview of the science of industrial hygiene. Learn how industrial hygienists and employers can anticipate, recognize, analyze and control environmental and physical hazards in the workplace. By addressing these hazards, industrial hygienists help protect the health and well-being of workers, as well as members of the communities where they live and work.
Complete Your Introduction to Industrial Hygiene Course Online
Our online industrial hygiene course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have six months to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. Introduction to Industrial Hygiene takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
The primary goal of this course is to teach you about the art of industrial hygiene and its role in preventing illness, health problems and ergonomic hazards in the workplace and surrounding community.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- The purpose of industrial hygiene
- Types of hazards mitigated by industrial hygiene
- How contaminants enter the body
- Recognizing air contaminants
This course is appropriate for workers and managers in any industry.