An influenza pandemic occurs when a new influenza virus, such as the H1N1 virus, emerges and begins to spread as quickly as the ordinary flu. Global pandemics can cause millions of deaths and significant societal disruptions, but their effects can be mitigated.
That is why it is critical for the world to quickly identify emerging pandemics and delay their spread until countermeasures are developed. With proper knowledge of pandemic influenza and how it occurs, you can do your part to slow the spread of disease and safeguard public health.
Complete Your Pandemic Influenza Course Online
Our online Pandemic Influenza course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Fully narrated
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Pandemic Influenza course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for the Pandemic Influenza Course
The primary goal of this course is to teach you important principles and strategies to follow during an influenza pandemic. You will learn best practices for protecting yourself and ways you can help slow the spread of the influenza virus.
Learning objectives for the course include:
- Understand pandemics, including how to describe and monitor them
- Know preventive measures that individuals and businesses can follow to reduce or slow the spread of influenza
- Understand the difference between a pandemic and an epidemic
- Recall the principles of the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza
The Pandemic Influenza course is ideal for any individual who may be affected by a pandemic influenza situation.
Browse other online training courses that teach actionable ways to safeguard your health and reduce the spread of infectious diseases.