Workplace exposures to crystalline silica can cause serious health problems, including lung cancer and other chronic illnesses. In this course, you will learn about the potential risks of inhaling silica dust, how to prevent exposures and how to respond if an exposure occurs.
Complete Your OSHA Crystalline Silica Awareness Course Online
Our online Crystalline Silica Awareness course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Crystalline Silica Awareness course generally takes less than 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for Crystalline Silica Awareness
The primary goal of this course is to teach you about the risks of workplace exposures to crystalline silica and how to avoid them. You will learn about the long-term complications of breathing silica dust and how you can use safe work practices and protective equipment to prevent harmful exposures.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- What is crystalline silica?
- What materials and processes can expose you to silica?
- What are the health risks of crystalline silica exposure?
- Ways to protect yourself from silica exposure
- Appropriate first aid response after silica exposure
The Crystalline Silica Awareness course is ideal for anyone who is at risk for workplace exposures to crystalline silica.