It's common knowledge that construction relies on the efficient handling and storage of a wide range of materials. In this course, you will learn the main causes of injury that can occur on a jobsite while handling and storing construction materials. You will also learn about various types of material handling equipment and best practices for their use.
Complete Your OSHA Material Handling Practices for Construction Course Online
Our online Material Handling Practices course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Available in Spanish
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Material Handling Practices for Construction course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for Material Handling Practices for Construction
The primary goal of this course is to teach you how to prevent injuries related to material handling. You will learn about the importance of ergonomics and ways you can identify and avoid health risks while storing or handling construction materials.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- Types of material handling equipment, including cranes, rugged terrain lifts, telehandlers and powered industrial trucks
- Requirements for the use of material handling equipment
- Basic ergonomic safety and health principles
The Material Handling Practices for Construction course is also available in Spanish. This training is ideal for any employee in the construction industry.