To combat the increasing number of traffic fatalities in highway work zones, it is critical to educate workers about best practices for working around live traffic. Recognizing common traffic hazards and learning effective ways to avoid them is a key component to maintaining a safe work environment. This training is intended for any worker who operates in highway or road construction zones.
Complete Your OSHA Work Zone Safety Course Online
Our online Work Zone Safety course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Fully narrated
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Available in Spanish
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Work Zone Safety course takes about 45 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for the Work Zone Safety Course
The primary goal of this course is to teach you ways to prevent injuries and fatalities while working in live traffic. You will learn how to recognize common hazards in highway and road construction work zones.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- Recall the most utilized traffic control standard
- Understand the importance of individuals conducting flagging
- Describe traffic control plan requirements
- List the forms of traffic that must be managed by construction workers
- Identify the five sections that define a work area
- Recognize elements that could interfere with a worker's ability to control live traffic
- Recite the safe clothing requirements for construction workers who direct traffic
- List various traffic control devices and when to use them
- Outline procedures to optimize work zone safety in hazardous climates
- Discuss the proper steps and checkpoints that warrant an inspection of work zones
The Work Zone Safety course is also available in Spanish. This training is ideal for anyone who works with live traffic in highway and road construction zones.