According to NFPA 70E, an electrical safety standard created by the National Fire Protection Association, employers are required to develop and implement an electrical safety program. This course provides a basic overview of safety standards for electrical work. You'll learn how to choose the right personal protective equipment and complete an arc-flash hazard analysis.
Complete Your Using Electrical Safety Programs Course Online
Our online Using Electrical Safety Programs course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Using Electrical Safety Programs course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for Using Electrical Safety Programs
The primary goal of this course is to teach you about the importance of electrical safety programs. You will learn the key elements of these programs and how they can save lives when properly implemented.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- Why electrical safety programs are important
- The elements of an electrical safety program
- How to complete an arc-flash hazard analysis
- Personal protective equipment for electrical work
The Using Electrical Safety Programs course is appropriate for workers in any industry. It is ideal for electrical maintenance workers, installation workers, safety managers and supervisors.