This course provides a general overview of ionized radiation and the ways you can be exposed to it in the workplace. Find out about the effects this type of radiation has on our health, and learn actionable steps for controlling and managing harmful exposures on the job.
Complete Your OSHA Ionizing Radiation Course Online
Our online Ionizing Radiation course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Ionizing Radiation course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for the Ionizing Radiation Course
The primary goal of this course is to teach you about ionizing radiation and ways to avoid harmful exposures in the workplace.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- What is ionizing radiation?
- Where does ionizing radiation come from?
- Risks of exposure to radiation and radioactive materials
- Measures used to control radiation doses in the workplace
- Your responsibilities for minimizing radiation exposure
- How to respond to a radiation emergency
- How to obtain reports of your exposure to workplace radiation
The Ionizing Radiation course is ideal for any worker or manager who is at risk for exposure to natural or industrial sources of ionizing radiation.