This course provides an overview of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a national public health agency dedicated to improving workplace safety. Learn about the history of OSHA, its mission and how its regulations protect the safety and health of U.S. workers.
Complete Your Introduction to OSHA Course Online
Our online Introduction to OSHA course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Introduction to OSHA course takes about one hour to complete.
Learning Objectives for Introduction to OSHA
The primary goal of this course is to teach you the history of OSHA and the administration's role in reducing work-related injuries and deaths. You will learn about your employer's responsibilities under OSHA and the ways that OSHA protects your right to a safe and healthful work environment.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- OSHA's mission
- Workers and employers who are covered by OSHA
- The impact of OSHA on workplace safety
- OSHA outreach, education and compliance assistance
The Introduction to OSHA course is ideal for any worker or supervisor.