Hexavalent chromium is a toxic form of the element chromium that workers may inhale in the form of a dust, mist or fume. This course explains the harmful effects of hexavalent chromium exposure and steps that workers can take to protect themselves from short- and long-term health issues. Learn how to work safely around hexavalent chromium and avoid health complications like respiratory irritation and lung cancer.
Complete Your OSHA Hexavalent Chromium Course Online
Our online Hexavalent Chromium course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Hexavalent Chromium course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for the Hexavalent Chromium Course
The primary goal of this course is to teach you how to avoid workplace exposures to hexavalent chromium. You will learn where the chemical is found, which workers are most likely to be exposed and what you can do to prevent injuries to the nose, throat and lungs.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- Health risks of hexavalent chromium exposure
- Locations of hexavalent chromium on the jobsite
- Workers most at risk for exposure
- Best practices for preventing and controlling exposures
The Hexavalent Chromium course is ideal for workers who may be exposed to hexavalent chromium in an industrial setting.