Chemicals can pose serious health and safety risks in the workplace if they are not properly labeled, stored and managed. But with effective hazard identification and classification training, workers can learn how to recognize and avoid serious hazards. This course will teach you about key safety programs that help prevent exposures to harmful chemicals.
Complete Your OSHA Hazardous Chemical Information Course Online
Our online Hazardous Chemical Information course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have six months to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Hazardous Chemical Information course takes about 25 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for the Hazardous Chemical Information Course
The primary goal of this course is to teach you how to recognize and avoid chemical hazards in the workplace. You will learn about the vital role that hazardous chemical identification programs, chemical labels and emergency plans play in protecting workers.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- The four basic parts of a hazardous chemical information program
- Why it's important to have a hazardous chemical information program
- Who hazardous chemical information applies to
- The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
- What to include in the written hazardous chemical information program
- How and where to use warning labels
The Hazardous Chemical Information course is ideal for anyone who may be exposed to hazardous chemicals on the job.