This course provides an overview of OSHA's Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes Standard (1910.23). It explains which types of holes and openings must be covered or guarded to prevent falling hazards. You will also learn how to properly build railings, toeboards and covers.
Complete Your OSHA Guarding Floor and Wall Openings Course Online
Our online Guarding Floor and Wall Openings course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Guarding Floor and Wall Openings course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for Guarding Floor and Wall Openings
The primary goal of this course is to highlight key information and requirements of OSHA's Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes Standard. You will learn important terms related to the standard and find out which types of holes and openings must be protected or covered.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- Important terms related to floor and wall openings
- Types of holes and openings
- Which holes and openings should be protected
- How to cover or guard each type of hole or opening
- Types of railings, covers and toeboards
- How to construct railings, covers and toeboards
The Guarding Floor and Wall Openings course is ideal for any worker.