Every day, workers use forklifts and other powered industrial trucks to move and lift heavy, hazardous materials. Due to the increased risk of severe injury and death associated with operating powered industrial trucks, recommendations for proper use and training have been developed to improve the overall safety of workers that use these machines. This training is intended for any worker involved in the operation, direction or supervision of forklifts.
Complete Your OSHA Forklift Awareness Course Online
Our online Forklift Awareness course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Fully narrated
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The Forklift Awareness course takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for the Forklift Awareness Course
The primary goal of this course is to teach you how to prevent serious injuries and fatalities related to the operation of forklifts. You will learn how to utilize best practices for safe forklift operation.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- Common causes of injuries and fatalities associated with forklifts
- The major aspects of safe forklift operation, including load handling and stability
- Critical operating procedures relating to stopping a lift and/or ending a shift
The Forklift Awareness course is ideal for any worker involved in the direction, operation or supervision of forklifts.