This certificate course will introduce you to the Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program, which the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) introduced in 2010 to reduce injuries and deaths related to large truck and bus crashes.
Commercial motor vehicle drivers are encouraged to take this course to learn high-level information about the CSA program, including its purpose, its components and the driver responsibilities it mandates.
Complete Your CSA Overview for Drivers Course Online
Our online CSA Overview for Drivers course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The CSA Overview for Drivers course takes about 20 minutes to complete.
Learning Objectives for CSA Overview for Drivers
The primary goal of this course is to explain the CSA program, its purpose and how it affects commercial motor vehicle drivers. You will also learn about the Safety Measurement System, which FMCSA uses to track and report the safety performance of motor carriers and owner-operators.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- The CSA program and its purpose
- Components of the CSA program
- Driver responsibilities under the CSA program
- How the CSA program differs from the Safety Measurement System and the SafeStat System
- Overview of Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs)
- How the Driver Safety Measurement System (DSMS) works
The CSA Overview for Drivers course is ideal for any worker who drives a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).