To maintain a healthy and safe work environment, OSHA recommends employees in various industries participate in workplace safety training. OSHA Education Center created this online course to address specific regulations as they apply to the General Industry and help you meet your workplace training requirements.
Our OSHA 10 course is designed to familiarize workers with OSHA standards as well as safety and health hazards common to the workplace. We've designed this training to be fully narrated and interactive with a goal to educate workers on identifying, avoiding, controlling, and preventing jobsite hazards.
Who Needs OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Online Training?
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training is appropriate for workers in the following fields: healthcare, factory operations, warehousing, manufacturing, storage and more. Enrollment and completion of OSHA 10 General Industry Training will help educate workers to predict, prevent, identify and stop possible common worksite hazards.
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry topics include:
- Slip, Trip and Fall Hazard Protection
- Fixed and Portable Ladder Safety
- Fire Prevention, Protection and Emergency Egress Safety
- Dangers of Electrical Hazards
- Using and Choosing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Causes and Prevention of MSD and RMD Injuries
- Workers' Rights to Know the Chemical Makeup of Materials Found in Their Workplace
- Difference Between Chronic and Acute Health Ailments
- Hazards of Spray Finishing, Dipping/Coating, Combustible Liquids and Compressed Gases
- Dangers of Unguarded Equipment
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training Course Details
We strived to create a course that provides high-quality workplace safety training and education for workers classified as General Industry.
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course features:
- Audio narration and interactive exercises
- Real life case studies
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course final exam study guides that you can download and print
- 24/7 course access from any web-enabled device
- Access to an OSHA Training instructor for any questions
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training Topics
A variety of health and safety workplace topics are covered in the OSHA 10 General Industry Training course. All students who enroll and successfully complete this course will become familiarized with the standards and regulations that OSHA has set in place to make sure all employees function in a safe work environment. Topics will include and introduction to OSHA, emergency exit routes, material handling and more.
- Introduction to OSHA
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, and Fire Prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Materials Handling
- Machine Guarding
- Bloodborne Pathogens
Earning Your OSHA Card
For those who need proof of completion immediately after successfully completing the safety training course, OSHA Education Center offers a certificate of completion. This certificate will act as temporary proof of OSHA 10-Hour General Industry training completion while the OSHA 10 Card is delivered.