The mining industry presents hazardous working conditions to both new and current miners. Because of this, MSHA requires specialized safety training to teach miners hazard and accident minimization, how to protect themselves and others in emergency situations, and how to facilitate MSHA compliance.
Who Needs MSHA Part 46 Training?
Those employed at the following surface mines must complete MHSA Part 46 training: sand, gravel, stone, crushed stone, sandstone, surface clay, colloidal phosphate, marble, granite, slate, shale, traprock, kaolin, cement, feldspar, and limestone.
Our online MSHA training provides two options for miners based on their safety training needs.
MSHA Part 46 New Miner Online Course
Miners new to the industry must complete this 8-hour training course prior to starting mining work under Part 46 training requirements. Our online course satisfies 8 of the 24 required hours for new miners, while the remaining 16 hours are provided by employers onsite.
MSHA Part 46 Refresher Online Course
Miners currently working in the industry who have already taken an MSHA Part 46 New Miner course, plus the required 16 hours of onsite training as specified by their employer, must complete this 8-hour MSHA Refresher Training for advanced instruction on MSHA regulations and requirements.
Which MSHA Training Do I Need?
If you are beginning work in the miner industry, you must complete MSHA 8-hour New Miner Training plus the required 16 hours of employer-directed training. Current miners who have already satisfied these requirements need the MSHA 8-hour Refresher Training.
Learn more about how MSHA defines new miners and current miners, and other important questions, in our MSHA Part 46 FAQs.
Other Providers Offer MSHA Training. Why Choose Ours?
You get all these benefits with our MSHA training courses:
- No classrooms! Satisfy mandatory Training Plans with our online courses.
- Trainees learn at their own pace, individually
- Turnkey training to improve your Mine Safety Record
- Buy courses in bulk and save for company-wide compliance
- 100% pass rate — unlimited course and quiz attempts allowed
- Includes free instantly downloadable U.S. Dept. of Labor Certificate of Completion (or we can mail a copy for a small fee)
- Your device, your choice — computer, tablet, or smartphone
- 24/7 support through live chat and email
- Log on and off as needed — the courses conveniently save your place
Maintain Your Mine Safety Record
Having MSHA Part 46 training for your employees reinforces critical safety procedures across your organization, which helps improve Mine Safety Records. Continuous performance improvement furthers the goals of zero fatalities and injuries.
Ensure MSHA Part 46 Compliance for Your Entire Workforce
Avoid costly penalties by being MSHA compliant and maintain your Mine Safety Record with our turnkey training for your entire workforce. Our courses play a key role in MSHA Training Plans because they provide this mandatory safety training conveniently online. This means every trainee can take their course at their own pace — no classroom sessions to coordinate.
If implementing your Training Plan means multiple members of your workforce need MSHA training for compliance, our bulk rate pricing and corporate accounts offer tier-based discounts to save time and money. Get more information or call us at 1-844-869-2973 to speak to a sales representative on our business accounts team.
Sample Course Topics:
- Overview of Surface Mining
- Health Hazards in Mining
- Hazard Communication
- Electricity, Fire, and Explosives
- Mining Machinery and Equipment
- Materials Handling and Storage
- Mining Health and Safety Standards
See a comprehensive list of course topics here.