Every year, between 300 and 500 people in the U.S. are killed by electrocutions at work. Workers performing service or maintenance on machinery and equipment may be injured by the unexpected startup of the machinery or equipment, or release of stored electrical energy in the equipment. Failure to lock out machinery before working on it is a major cause of injury and death in the U.S. This training will tell you more about electrical hazards, safe practices when working with electricity, and the lockout tagout program - and how it can save your life.
Complete Your OSHA Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout Training Online!
Taking our OSHA Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout course online offers these benefits:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as many times as you want
- Work anytime, anywhere - All you need is a computer and access to the Internet
- Email access to the course trainer to answer any questions you have
- Allows up to 6 months to complete the course
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive your official Certificate of Completion.
About the 1-Hour OSHA Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout Course
Once you complete this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand how electricity works and the primary electrical hazards
- Identify the general training requirements of the OSHA Standard for qualified and unqualified employees
- Use safe work practices, including how to properly lock and tag equipment, guard live parts, and ground equipment using circuit protection devices